COBIA BURGER - CHEF BRI VAN SCOTTER
Cobia Burger with Shallot Confit and Shaved Brussels sprout slaw
8 shallots, sliced thin
1 bulb of garlic, cut in half
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
4 Open Blue Cobia burger patties
12 pieces of bacon
2 cups shaved brussels sprouts
1/4 cup Dukes Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 cup red onion, minced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons truffle oil, optional
4 brioche burger buns
- Preheat an oven to 325F.
- Add the sliced shallots to a Dutch oven along with the bulb of garlic and thyme. Cover the shallots with enough avocado oil until they are completely covered.
- Bake the shallots uncovered until they are light in color and soft, about 2 hours. Then remove the pot from the oven and let the shallots come to room temperature.
- In a cast iron pan set over medium-high heat and the bacon. Cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan, then season the cobia patties with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the cobia patties in the hot pan with the bacon fat. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Then remove the patties from the pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the brussels sprouts, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lime juice, red onion, and parmesan cheese. Toss everything to combine.
- To assemble the burger, take a brioche bun and use a pastry brush and brush some of the truffle oil on the insides of the bun. Place the cobia patty on top of the bottom bun. Then place 3 slices of bacon on top of the cobia patty. Then top with the brussels sprout slaw and then some of the shallot confit drained from the oil. Then top with the top portion of the bun. Serve immediately.