How to Make the Perfect Cobia Salad
Open Blue cobia is a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D and other essential nutrients, plus its buttery, mild flavor makes it ideal for salads. This post will explain how to make the perfect cobia salad that will delight your taste buds.
At Open Blue, we're the leading cobia fish supplier in the US—but more about us later. Let's start our recipe for the perfect cobia salad with the necessary ingredients. Please note that eating raw or undercooked fish can increase your risk of food poisoning. For your safety, we recommend consuming our products fully cooked at home.
- 2 lb. of Open Blue cobia
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup of cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup of parsley, chopped
- ½ cup of red onion, diced
- ½ cup of cucumber, diced
- ½ cup of tomatoes, diced
- Rinse the cobia fillets under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Cut the fillets into small cubes and set them aside.
- Mix the olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the cubed cobia in a large bowl and pour the marinade over it. Mix well to make sure the fish is evenly coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables while the fish is marinating.
- Once the fish has finished marinating, add the vegetables to the bowl and toss.
- Garnish the cobia salad with fresh cilantro and parsley and serve chilled.
You can serve Open Blue cobia salad as a main dish or a side dish. You can also experiment with different vegetables and herbs, as cobia is highly versatile.
Ask For Open Blue Cobia Fish At Your Grocer’s Seafood Counter
Open Blue is the world's first company to offer four-star Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) cobia. We source feed from BAP-certified feed mills, where it's specially formulated to meet cobia's nutritional needs. Open Blue cobia fish is not only sustainable but also lean, healthy and highly nutritious.
We're a premium cobia fish supplier delivering across the US. Visit our recipes page for more Cobia fish preparation ideas, or explore the world's largest open-ocean fish farm in virtual reality.