DISCO DE PESCADO - CHEF MONICA LEON
Disco de pescado (cuban pressed fish sandwich) - Serves 1
- 1 cuban bun
- Softened butter
- 1 Cobia burger
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Freshly cut tomato slices
- Herb aioli (recipe below)
- In a food processor add a handful of cilantro, a handful of parsley & 2 cloves of garlic. Pulse this a few times to chop roughly.
- To this mixture add 1 cup of mayo, 1 tsp. Salt and 1 tbsp lemon juice and pulse for a minute so that all the ingredients come together.
- Butter each outer side of your cuban bun.
- Put a small amount of your herb aioli on each inner side of the bun & set aside.
- To a cast iron skillet add a tbsp. or two of olive oil over medium heat & now add your cobia burger. Cook 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Set aside.
- Assemble your sandwich, add your cobia burger and tomato slices and press together.
- Now brush some butter on the inside of your sandwich press and put to medium heat if using a traditional one. In my video I used a traditional flying saucer sandwich toaster which I cooked over open fire until golden brown on both sides.