COBIA FISH TACO - CHEF MONICA LEON
Cobia fish taco - Serves 2
- 1 lb. of cobia filets for tacos
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Corn tortillas
- 2 hass avocados
- Cilantro for garnish
Spicy chipotle slaw
- 2 chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- ½ a medium red cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup mayo
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt & ground black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, add your cobia, garlic, cumin, old bay, salt & pepper and olive oil. Mix this together and let this marinate in the fridge overnight or a minimum of 4 hours.
- In a small bowl add your mayo, chipotles, salt, pepper & lime juice and mix. In another bowl add your shredded cabbage & carrots and dress with the chipotle mayo lightly. Set aside.
- To a cast iron skillet or medium heat add a tbsp. Of olive oil and add your marinated cobia fillets. Cook 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked through. To another non-stick pan over medium heat, cook your corn tortillas about 1 minute on each side.
- Assemble your tacos. First place your tortilla, 2 slices of avocado, a spoonful of slaw then a piece of fish & top it off with cilantro and tajin for garnish. Serve with a lime wedge.