Sweet Smoked Cobia with Sesame Slaw - Publix supermarket
Ready in 30 minutes
- Prepare fish and begin to marinate (10 minutes)
- Prepare slaw and complete fish; serve (20 minutes)
Sweet Smoke Broiled Fish
Nonstick aluminum foil
1 1/2 lb Firm fish fillets - Cobia
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
2 tablespoons presliced green onions
- Preheat broiler on high; place oven rack 6 inches from heating element. Line baking sheet with foil. Always check fish for bones (wash hands).
- Whisk salt, pepper, mustard, honey, vinegar, olive oil, and liquid smoke until blended (reserve 1/4 cup for later use). Place fish in sauce and let stand 10 minutes to marinate.
- Place fish on baking sheet (discard marinade); broil 4 minutes. Brush with remaining 1/4 cup sauce and broil 2–4 more minutes and until fish is 145°F (or opaque and separates easily). Drizzle with any remaining sauce and top with onions. Serve.
3 oz shallots, finely chopped
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon minced roasted garlic
1 (16-oz) bag shredded 3-color coleslaw mix
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 cup roasted cashews
- Chop shallots. Place sesame oil and garlic in large sauté pan on medium; cook and stir 1–2 minutes. Add shallots; cook and stir 2–3 more minutes or until shallots are soft.
- Stir in slaw, salt, and vinegar until evenly coated. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until slaw is tender. Stir in cashews. Serve.
Serve with plain rice or a green salad.